How To Make White Bean, Spinach & Pesto Soup
Made with fresh spinach and white beans, this flavorful pesto soup is such a hug-in-a-bowl on cold nights! Top off with a generous amount of parmesan.
- 3cupschicken stock,or vegetable stock
- 19ozwhite beans,(2 cans)
- 2cupsfresh spinach,loosely-packed
- 2tbsppesto,homemade or store-bought
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper,to taste
- Parmesan cheese,freshly-grated, for serving
Add chicken stock and white beans to a medium-sized saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to low, and stir in the fresh spinach and pesto until the spinach has wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup into bowls, and top generously with freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.
Feel free to also add in a few tablespoons of freshly-squeezed lemon juice to this broth, and/or some cooked chicken or other protein to the soup.
- Calories: 544.94kcal
- Fat: 6.04g
- Saturated Fat: 1.24g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.15g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.90g
- Carbohydrates: 88.73g
- Fiber: 20.94g
- Sugar: 5.75g
- Protein: 36.85g
- Cholesterol: 6.07mg
- Sodium: 786.38mg
- Calcium: 357.87mg
- Potassium: 2689.94mg
- Iron: 15.06mg
- Vitamin A: 72.15µg
- Vitamin C: 4.58mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!