Beans can be eaten after 6 hours but are even better after 8 hours, or after being reheated the next day.
How To Make Bacon and Brandy Baked Beans
Southern-style baked beans recipe cooked in brandy, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce.
- Rinse beans and soak overnight in 3 in. cold water, or bring to a boil for 2 min. and simmer 30 to 40 min, until tender but not mushy. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Cut rind off bacon and reserve.
- Cut bacon into 1 X ¼" lardoons.
- In bean pot or casserole, combine beans, bacon, ketchup, molasses, mustards, onions, and brandy. Stir to mix.
- Add boiling water, cover & bake 2 ½ hours.
- Season beans with vinegar, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Add more boiling water if they appear dry.
- Continue to bake at least 3 ½ hours longer, checking every hour.
Add boiling water (½ cup at a time) as needed.
- Sugar: 41g
- Calcium: 224mg
- Calories: 585kcal
- Carbohydrates: 75g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Fat: 17g
- Fiber: 9g
- Iron: 7mg
- Potassium: 1543mg
- Protein: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 1072mg
- Vitamin A: 168IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
The perfect balance of flavors is what these smoked baked beans are all about. They're a great side dish to any summer barbecue.
If baked beans aren't your thing then you haven't tried out the flavors once you add in a splash of bourbon
This baked beans recipe calls for cannelloni beans and other ingredients to give it a hearty savory taste.
This meaty recipe uses a variety of beans that is baked to perfection to achieve a perfect smoky taste. You can prepare this as a good meal for lunch or dinner.
Bacon and beef-loaded baked beans recipe with tangy and sweet sauce.