This elaborate cheesecake is a real treat! You’re in for a bit of work, but the results are incredible.
How To Make Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake
The chocolate cookies provide the crunchy texture for the crust and topped with smooth and creamy cheesecake.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; firmly press mixture in bottom and 2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
Gradually add sugar, beating well.
Add whipping cream, flour, and vanilla; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Top with crumbled cookies; pour in remaining batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Combine sour cream, sugar, and vanilla; spread over cheesecake.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Turn oven off, and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Remove sides of pan.
Combine whipping cream and semisweet chocolate morsels in a saucepan; stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Stir in vanilla.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully spread mixture over cheesecake, slowing it to drip down sides.
- Garnish, if desired.
Store any leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
- Let stand at room temperature 2 hours before serving again.
Allocate an ample amount of time in creating this dessert. This will not be the perfect dessert if you are in a hurry or if the event is in less than a day.
- Sugar: 40g
- Calcium: 149mg
- Calories: 686kcal
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Cholesterol: 184mg
- Fat: 51g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 303mg
- Protein: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 27g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Vitamin A: 1633IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!