How To Make Mexican Cheesecake
Serve a dessert classic with a twist with this Mexican cheesecake recipe. It has some added dose of sweetness from the cinnamon-sugar.
- 8 fl oz cream cheese, 2 packages, softened
- 1¾ cup white sugar, divided
- 1 tsp Mexican vanilla extract
- 8 fl oz crescent rolls, 2 cans, refrigerated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape each piece into 9x13 inch rectangles. Press one piece into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece of crescent dough. Stir together ¾ cup of sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Dot the mixture over the top of the cheesecake.
Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown. This takes about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into 12 squares.
- Sugar: 38g
- Calcium: 25mg
- Calories: 340kcal
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 37mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 308mg
- Vitamin A: 604IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!