Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, but sometimes you only want a little and not a giant piece. These muffin sized cheesecakes are a perfect single serving, and a great canvas for you to customize to suit your tastes. Top with chocolate sauce, lemon curd, berries, or even jam warmed slightly to make it runny. Add a little whipping cream and berries, and you have yourself a pretty spectacular dessert! This recipe came to me from my friend Audrey, my partner in cheesecake crime.
How To Make Cheesecake Bites Recipe
Whip up a batch of these wonderful and creamy Cheesecake Bites. Apart from being a yummy dessert, they're also Kid-Friendly treats you can make with the family. Each bite is accompanied by crisp vanilla wafers and sweet cream cheese mixture with jam on top!
- 12 vanilla wafers, or chocolate wafers
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened (2 packages)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup jam, flavor as desired
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Line muffin tins with foil or paper liners.
Place one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each muffin cup.
Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy before adding the sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl before adding the eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
Divide filling between muffin cups. Each gets ¾ full.
An optional method before baking is to place a teaspoon of the jam onto the muffin and use a toothpick to swirl the jam into the batter.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until set.
Let the cheesecakes cool completely in the cups before removing them from the pan.
Chill in an airtight container for at least 2 hours before serving.
Gently peel the paper off the cups before serving. Enjoy a sweet and creamy batch of Cheesecake Bites!
- You can become creative with toppings by trying a spoonful of lemon curd or whipping cream. Warming up your favorite jam and spoon it over top, or chocolate sauce. You can also use cherry jam and chocolate curls.
- You can also freeze the cheesecake bites, wrapped and without the toppings, for about a month or so.
- Allow them to thaw in the fridge for about 30 minutes before topping and serving.
- Sugar: 25g
- Calcium: 47mg
- Calories: 280kcal
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 89mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 165mg
- Vitamin A: 547IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!