How to Make Sticky Rice with Mango
Treat your tastebuds to a sweet and milky combination of Thai sticky rice with mango! Rice is flavored with coconut milk and served with ripe mangoes.
- In a bowl wash rice well in several changes of cold water until water is clear.
- Soak rice in cold water to cover overnight.
- Drain rice well in a sieve.
Without touching the water, set sieve over a large deep saucepan of simmering water and steam rice, covered with a kitchen towel and a lid, 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender.
Check the water level in the pan occasionally, adding more water if necessary.
While rice is cooking, in a small saucepan bring 1 cup coconut milk to a boil with ⅓ cup sugar and salt, stirring until sugar is dissolved, and remove from heat.
Keep mixture warm. Transfer cooked rice to a bowl and stir in coconut-milk mixture.
Let rice stand, covered, 30 minutes, or until coconut-milk mixture is absorbed.
- Rice may be prepared up to this point 2 hours ahead and kept covered at room temperature.
While rice is standing, in a cleaned small pan slowly boil the remaining coconut milk with the remaining sugar, stirring occasionally for 1 minute.
- Transfer sauce to a small bowl and chill until cool and thickened slightly.
To serve, mold ¼ cup servings of sticky rice on dessert plates.
- Drizzle desserts with sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Divide mango slices among plates.
Serve and enjoy.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!