How To Make Salmon Nigiri
Have a fresh and easy meal with this salmon nigiri recipe. Seasoned rice topped with fresh salmon slices and spicy wasabi for a little kick.
- First, wash and drain the rice 4 to 5 times with water. Transfer well-drained rice to a pot, add water, and season with salt. Cover the pot and cook on high heat for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Set aside and cool for 10 minutes.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-low and add the vinegar and sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Transfer the cooked rice to a baking sheet and drizzle the vinegar mixture on the rice. Gently stir to separate the grains and evenly coat the rice with the vinegar. Spread out the rice evenly and cover with plastic wrap. Let cool slightly.
- With a sharp knife, trim and discard the discolored sections of the salmon. Cut the fish against the grain into 4-inch long slices. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate.
- Wet hands with water and shape 2 tablespoons of rice into 2½-inch oblong balls. Add a small amount of wasabi on top of each oblong to taste.
- Take the salmon out of the fridge and top each oblong of rice with 1 slice of fish.
- Serve with soy sauce and ginger slices on the side.
- Sugar: 12g
- Calcium: 40mg
- Calories: 298kcal
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 846mg
- Protein: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 2422mg
- Vitamin A: 69IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!