How To Make Arroz Valenciana
Arroz Valenciana is a Filipino rice dish similar to the Spanish paella. It uses sticky rice, coconut, milk, vegetables, chicken, and more.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Total: 50 mins
- ½ lb chicken thigh, or breast, chopped
- 3 chorizo de bilbao, sliced diagonally
- ½ cup malagkit, glutinous white rice
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 red bell pepper, medium, cut into strips
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tomato, medium, diced
- 1 yellow onion, medium, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Spanish saffron, a pinch
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine the glutinous rice and jasmine rice. Wash with water twice and then drain. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a paellera or wide pan.
- Saute the garlic, onion, and tomato until the onion and tomato becomes soft.
- Put-in the chopped chicken. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chorizo de bilbao. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add-in the salt, pepper, saffron, and paprika. Stir.
- Pour-in the chicken broth and coconut milk. Stir and let boil.
- Add-in the washed rice. Stir. Let boil.
- Add the tomato paste. Stir. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put-in the raisins, and green peas. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add-in the red bell pepper. Continue to simmer until the rice is fully cooked.
- Garnish with sliced boiled egg. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 56mg
- Calories: 784kcal
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Cholesterol: 192mg
- Fat: 48g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 5mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 610mg
- Protein: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Sodium: 1588mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1506IU
- Vitamin C: 44mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!