How To Make Hanami Dango
Treat yourself to this chewy hanami dango, made with glutinous rice & silken soft tofu, for soft Japanese sweetened rice balls on a skewer.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Total: 20 mins
- 100 g silken soft tofu, (½ block)
- ¾ cup glutinous rice flour
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp strawberry powder, optional
- ¼ tsp matcha powder, optional
Weigh the rice flour, silken tofu, and sugar and then add into a large bowl. Mix well by hands. Using a kneading motion until a dough forms.
Divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
- Sift in the strawberry powder into one portion of the dough and knead until it forms a uniform pink colour.
- Sift in the matcha powder into another portion of the dough and knead well until it turns green.
Divide each ball of dough into 5 to 6 balls.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in the dango balls. Leave the dango balls to cook. Remove the dango balls when they rise to the top of the water. Scoop them out using a strainer ladle and place into a bowl of ice cold water to stop them from cooking further.
Add 1 green dango ball onto a skewer. Follow with 1 white and 1 pink dango ball. Repeat for all 5 to 6 skewers then enjoy!
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!