How To Make Spider Roll Sushi
When the craving for sushi hits, this spider roll sushi recipe will surely satisfy. Crispy tempura crab with fresh cucumber and veggies for a healthy and filling meal.
To Cook Sushi Rice:
- Wash the rice with water to remove excess starch. Then transfer rice to a rice cooker and add water. Cook for 20 minutes or until rice is soft. Cool down for 10 minutes and stir in sushi vinegar.
To Cook Crab Tempura:
- In a large pot and add oil and heat over the stove at 320 to 350 degrees F.
- In a measuring cup, crack open the egg and add cold water. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, add flour. Pour the egg mixture into the flour slowly and stir gently.
- Ensure that the crabs are dry and dip it into the batter. Deep fry for a few minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Drain on a wire rack or with paper towel on aplate.
To Make Spider Rolls:
- First, cover the bamboo mat with a piece of plastic wrap.
- Cut the nori sheet in half using a pair of scissors.
- Place half a sheet of nori on top of the bamboo mat, with the shiny side down. With wet hands, take ¾ cup of rice and spread it over the nori evenly.
- Flip the nori sheet with the rice facing down. Add 1 crab tempura, slices of cucumber, and carrot on top of the nori. Drizzle with unagi sauce if available and preferred.
- Place the thumbs underneath the bamboo mat and lift the edge up and over the filling. Roll the mat while applying pressure to make a tight roll. Keep rolling until the ends meet.
- Remove the mat and plastic wrap. Transfer the roll to a cutting board and slice it into equal bite-size pieces. Drizzle with more unagi sauce if preferred. Serve alongside soy sauce.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 5mg
- Calories: 52kcal
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 32mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 450IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Rice & Risotto
This Strawberry Tiramisu is a new take on your usual coffee tiramisu. It is sweeter and tastier when sprinkled with grated chocolate.