How To Make Champorado
Champorado is a comfort food and breakfast dish in one. This rich rice porridge is full of chocolate flavor and perfect for cold mornings.
Pour 2½ cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil
- Put-in the glutinous rice and allow water to re-boil for a few minutes
- Dilute the cocoa powder in 1 cup warm water then pour-in the pot. Stir continuously
- Once the glutinous rice is cooked (about 12 to 18 minutes of cooking with constant stirring), add the sugar and cook for another 5 minutes or until the texture becomes thick.
- Remove from the pot and place in a serving bowl.
- Serve hot with a swirl of condensed milk on top.
- Sugar: 799g
- Calcium: 67mg
- Calories: 3355kcal
- Carbohydrates: 858g
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 267mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 74mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Rice & Risotto
A Filipino breakfast chocolate porridge more commonly known as Champorado, made up of glutinous rice, chocolate tablets, and cocoa powder.