How To Make Vietnamese Fried Rice
Vietnamese fried rice balances its flavors perfectly. It has saltiness from the sausage & barbecued pork, acidity from the lime, and freshness from cilantro.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat.
Pour in the beaten eggs. Cook, swirling often to form a flat egg pancake, just until set.
- Scoop out egg pancake and transfer to a cutting board.
- Over medium heat, saute the lemongrass, garlic, and shallots until softened and aromatic.
- Turn up the heat, add the chopped carrot and sweet peas, and stir fry for half a minute.
- Add the sliced lap cheong and the barbecued pork. Stir fry for about a minute.
- Add the rice. Drizzle in the fish sauce. Stir fry until the rice is heated through. Turn off the heat.
- Roll up the egg like a cigar and cut into thin slices.
- Add egg slices to the rice. Toss. Add the lime juice and toss a few more times.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro, lemon basil, or mint, or all three.
- Sugar: 51g
- Calcium: 441mg
- Calories: 2735kcal
- Carbohydrates: 156g
- Cholesterol: 593mg
- Fat: 163g
- Fiber: 40g
- Iron: 17mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 72g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 18g
- Potassium: 5103mg
- Protein: 159g
- Saturated Fat: 58g
- Sodium: 905mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 82156IU
- Vitamin C: 261mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!