How To Make Ochazuke
A refreshing and comforting Japanese dish, this ochazuke dish steeps rice in green tea and tops it with flaky salmon, for a filling bowl.
- ¾ cup Japanese rice, cooked, warm
- 1 cup green tea , hot
- ¼ lb salmon fillet, or 1 Japanese pickled plum (umeboshi)
- 2 tsp nori seaweed, shredded
- 1 tsp bubu arare, (baked rice cracker balls) or crumbled Japanese rice crackers
- ¼ tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp shungiku, mitsuba, or cilantro, chopped
- wasabi, optional
- soy sauce, optional
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of the salmon filet and transfer to a cooking tray covered with parchment paper.
Turn the oven to broil and move the oven rack to the highest position. Broil the salmon for 10 ro 12 minutes, until cooked through. Use a fork or chopsticks to break the salmon into small flakes.
Put the rice in a bowl and pour enough green tea to cover ¾ of the rice.
Add all the toppings and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!