The crazy thing about this wacky cake recipe is how well it cooks! It has a unique preparation method of pouring the wet ingredients into 3 holes made in the dry ingredients. You can also change the way you assemble and frost the cake to your own liking.
How To Make Wacky Cake
- 2 ⅔ cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2/3 cup oil vegetable, canola or corn
- 2 cup water
- Mix dry ingredients together. Make 3 holes in the mixture.
- Add vanilla in one hole, add vinegar in the second hole, and add oil in the third. Pour water over all and mix for 2 minutes with a mixer.
- Pour mixture into a greased 10x13-inch baking dish or 2 round 9-inch pans.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for approximately 30 minutes or when a toothpick comes out slightly crumbly.
- Stack the layers and frost with a favorite frosting of choice (peanut butter, buttercream, chocolate, etc.). Serve.
- Alternatively, you can spread raspberry pie filling between the layers and top with a dusting of confectionary sugar or vanilla frosting.