How To Make Revani (Greek Coconut Cake with Syrup)
Say goodbye to dry cake with this revani (Greek coconut cake with syrup) recipe. A light and fluffy cake drizzled with syrup on top to keep it moist and sweet.
- Preheat the oven to 250˚C.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, fine and coarse semolina, and baking powder.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- Mix the egg yolks with sugar at medium to high speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add yogurt and mix over low speed.
- Fold in the flour and semolina mixture. Stir in the vanilla and lemon or orange juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg whites with salt until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold the egg white snow into the batter, so it remains fluffy.
- Butter the baking pan and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 250˚C. Then, lower the heat to 180˚C and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes. When the cake is baked, let it cool and cut it into individual servings.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the syrup. In a small saucepan, boil sugar, water, orange and lemon juice for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour the syrup over the baked revani. Let it cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Sugar: 233g
- Calcium: 147mg
- Calories: 2156kcal
- Carbohydrates: 484g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 13g
- Iron: 15mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 653mg
- Protein: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 165mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 60IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!