A vanilla wafer crust surrounds the edges of this festive holiday cake. We then cover it with a cream cheese-based frosting with caramel.
How To Make Pumpkin Pecan Cake
For this extraordinary pumpkin pecan cake, we used a spiced cake batter for the filling that layers over a crunchy wafer crust. Once it's done, we then top it off with a vanilla cream cheese frosting and delectable caramel.
- In mixing bowl beat, vanilla wafers, pecans and butter until crumbly.
- Press into 3 greased and floured 9 inch cake pans.
- In another mixing bowl beat, cake mix, pumpkin, butter and eggs for 3 minutes.
- Spread evenly over crust in each pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes (according to box directions) or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Mix together the filling/topping ingredients, frost between layers, sides and top.
- Drizzle with caramel and decorate with whole pecans.
- Sugar: 95g
- Calcium: 141mg
- Calories: 1162kcal
- Carbohydrates: 131g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Fat: 69g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 584mg
- Protein: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 1094mg
- Vitamin A: 6835IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!