Sugar-free maple syrup and sugar substitute make this a cake that everyone can enjoy. It tops a fluffy and light buttercream cake.
How To Make Maple Cake
A fluffy buttercream cake is layered with a low-calorie maple frosting. It\’s the perfect maple cake recipe for those who are on a diet.
To make cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Toast nuts until fragrant, approximately 4-6 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine 2/3 nuts, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a food processor or blender.
- Process until nuts are finely ground. In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, egg whites, Splenda and non-fat, dry milk with an electric mixer on high speed, until mixture is thick and pale, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Fold a portion of the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Then fold a portion of the wet ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Continue process until both the dry and wet ingredients are combined with the egg mixture.
- Start and end with the dry ingredients.
- Bake in 2 greased and floured 2x9 pans at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
To make Maple Cream Frosting and Drizzle
- In a small bowl, combine water and vanilla.
- Sprinkle with gelatin and let soften for 1 minute.
- In a double boiler bring about 1 inch of water to a slight simmer.
- In a heatproof mixing bowl, combine egg whites, syrup, cream of tartar and salt.
- Set bowl over simmering water and beat with an electric mixer on low speed, moving beaters constantly, until an instant thermometer reads 140 degrees.
- This should take approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Increase mixer speed to high and continue beating for 3 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat.
- Add gelatin mixture and continue to beat until cooled to room temperature, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- In a chilled bowl, beat cream with electric mixer until firm peaks form.
- Fold into meringue with rubber spatula.
Arranging the cake
- Place 1 cake layer, top-side down, on a cake plate.
- Spread 1 cup frosting on cake.
- Top with second cake layer top-side up.
- Spread remaining frosting over top.
- Sugar: 19g
- Calcium: 132mg
- Calories: 241kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 231mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 322mg
- Vitamin A: 240IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Breads & Doughs
Pies & Pastries
Satisfy your sweet tooth craving with this banana split cake, made of vanilla ice cream sandwiches, chocolate cool whip, and juicy fruits.