Coconut and pineapple make this a yummy cake with a tropical island flair. It’s a simple sponge cake recipe that will give you a taste of Hawaii.
How To Make Hawaiian Sponge Cake
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, soda and salt.
- Add undrained pineapple and eggs.
- Stir until combined.
Pour batter into a greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Spread cream frosting over hot cake in pan.
To make frosting
- Combine sugar, milk, butter and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil about 7 minutes, stirring until mixture is thickened.
- Stir in nuts and coconut.
- Sugar: 66g
- Calcium: 95mg
- Calories: 607kcal
- Carbohydrates: 96g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Fat: 23g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 287mg
- Protein: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 408mg
- Vitamin A: 665IU
- Vitamin C: 34mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!