This fudge butter cake recipe combines moist and buttery cake with rich and decadent fudge. It’s a dessert that’s sure to impress anyone who tries it!
How To Make Fudge Butter Cake
1 hr 10 mins
- 2 ¼ cups cake flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 5 oz chocolate pieces unsweetened
- 8 tbsp butter
- 3 cup confectionery sugar
- 6 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the sugar and 1/2 cup of butter until it's creamed. Crack eggs into a dish and add the vanilla. Do not beat.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture one at a time. Mix for 2 minutes between each egg, scraping down sides if necessary.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the running mixer, making sure each addition is well incorporated.
- Slowly add the milk, mixing well after each addition. You can also mix the dry ingredients and milk alternately to ensure everything is mixed in properly.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans. Pour the batter evenly into each pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cool the cakes for 5 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack and allowing to cool for 40 minutes.
Preparing the frosting
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate using 10-second bursts. Once it has just melted, mix to fully melt any remaining pieces and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a stand mixer and beat until it combines. After 2 minutes, add the powdered sugar and the milk.
- Once smooth, frost the cake layers. Stack the layers and frost the outside. Serve immediately.
Calories: 754kcal | Carbohydrates: 109g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 482mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 77g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 4mg