Christmas is just around the corner. Make it more special by making a holiday fruitcake for your family and friends! This fruitcake recipe has the right amount of sweetness and is elevated by glazed fruits, raisins, and walnuts. On the other hand, the sweet red wine adds flavor and moisture to the cake.
How To Make Fruitcake
Feel the spirit of Christmas with this moist fruitcake recipe loaded with fruits and nuts.
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup sweet red wine
- 6 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts, roasted and chopped
- 2 cups mixed fruits, glazed
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a 12-inch loaf tin.
- Sift together flour and salt. Set aside.
- Combine red wine and raisins. Allow raisins to soak as much of the wine as possible, at least for an hour.
- In a mixing bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and continue creaming.
- Fold in your sifted flour mixture into your creamed butter mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Next, add your soaked raisins including the wine, glazed fruits, and walnuts. Fold until evenly incorporated.
- Lastly, fold in your egg whites until evenly incorporated. Transfer to the loaf tin and spread until level and all spaces covered.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for roughly 2½ hours, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Once baked, cool down on cooling racks before running an offset spatula to loosen the fruitcake. Portion accordingly and serve.
- Sugar: 60g
- Calcium: 67mg
- Calories: 888kcal
- Carbohydrates: 106g
- Cholesterol: 245mg
- Fat: 48g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g
- Potassium: 371mg
- Protein: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Sodium: 463mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1426IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!