How To Make Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake with Easy Cocoa Frosting
Wonderfully velvety chocolate mayonnaise cake.
To make the cake:
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 13-by- 9-inch baking pan.
- Dust the inside with flour and tap out the excess flour.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, coffee, and vanilla.
- Pour into the well.
Mix with an electric mixer on low speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, just until the batter is smooth; do not overbeat.
Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire cake rack and cool completely.
To make the frosting:
- Sift the confectioners' sugar and cocoa onto a piece of waxed paper.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer in a medium bowl on low speed.
- Using the waxed paper as a funnel, gradually add the sugar-cocoa mixture, alternating with the heavy cream, and beat until smooth.
- You may use more or less cream to reach the desired consistency.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Spread the frosting over the top of the cake.
- Cut into squares to serve.
The cake will keep for up to 3 days, covered tightly with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature.
- Sugar: 29g
- Calcium: 21mg
- Calories: 386kcal
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Fat: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 169mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 389mg
- Vitamin A: 202IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!