The texture of this cake tends to be less fluffy cake and more springy like moist banana bread or carrot cake. The flavor was subtle but nice. Make sure to use high-quality cocoa powder for excellent flavor and color.
How To Make Chocolate Birthday Cake
Make all birthdays special with this chocolate birthday cake recipe. Made with chocolate frosting, high quality cocoa, and shaved chocolate for a decadent taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 10-inch round cake pan.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Add sugar and whisk to combine. Set aside. In another bowl, put in the yogurt, eggs, and vanilla. whisk until well combined.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture into the yogurt mixture until evenly incorporated. Pour in the batter the prepared cake pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Place the cake, flat side up, on a flat plate or cake pedestal. Then using a bread knife or any serrated knife, carefully slice the cake into 2 horizontally. Set aside the top half.
- For the bottom half, brush the sliced part with creme de cacao or coffee liqueur until moist.
- Add half of the frosting onto the bottom half and spread until the entire cake area is covered evenly. Scrape off any excess.
- Cover the cake with the top half, rounded side up, then brush with more liqueur and spread the remaining of the frosting evenly on the top and sides of the cake.
- Spread the chocolate shavings on top and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Sugar: 22g
- Calcium: 52mg
- Calories: 238kcal
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 119mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 395mg
- Vitamin A: 62IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!