How To Make Carrot Cake Loaf (Quick Bread)
Sink your teeth into this quick Carrot Cake Loaf! It’s fluffy and made extra flavorful with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar. Serve plain or with frosting.
- 1½cupsall-purpose flour,spoon and leveled
- 1tspbaking powder
- ¾tspbaking soda
- ½cupvegetable oil,or canola oil, or melted coconut oil
- 2large eggs,at room temperature
- 1cuplight brown sugar,or dark brown sugar, packed
- ⅓cupapplesauce,or yogurt, unsweetened, at room temperature
- 1tsppure vanilla extract
- 1½cupscarrots,(about 3 large carrots) peeled, shredded
- ¾cupwalnuts,chopped, or or pecans, raisins, or dried cranberries, optional
For Optional Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4ozcream cheese,(block) softened to room temperature
- 2tbspbutter,unsalted, softened to room temperature
- 1cupconfectioners’ sugar
- ½tsppure vanilla extract
- ¼tspground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg together in a large bowl until combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk the oil, eggs, brown sugar, applesauce, vanilla, and carrots together until combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently whisk until just combined.
Fold in the nuts or add-in. The atter will be semi-thick.
Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 55 to 65 minutes. Loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent heavy browning on top, if preferred.
The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with zero raw batter.
Remove the bread from the oven.
Cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack before removing and frosting.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
Beat in the butter until combined.
Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt (a little less than ⅛ teaspoon), then beat on low speed until smooth and creamy.
Add more cinnamon and/or salt, if desired.
Frost the cooled bread, slice, and serve.
- Baking times may vary so keep an eye on own cake.
- Cover and store the leftover bread at room temperature for up to 3 to 4 days or in the refrigerator for up to about 10 days.
- To store bread with frosting: Cover and store the leftover bread in the refrigerator for up to about 1 week.
- Freezing Instructions: The loaf freezes best without frosting. Freeze the baked and cooled loaf for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. If desired, bring to room temperature and frost before serving.
- Brown Sugar: The batter can work with different amounts of brown sugar. 1 cup of packed brown sugar produced a sweet cake-like loaf. ¾ cup or ⅔ cup produced a lightly sweetened loaf. Any less than that produced a bland loaf. Feel free to use anywhere between ⅔ to 1 cup depending on the flavor desired. It can also be substituted with white granulated sugar or coconut sugar, though the loaf won’t be as moist or flavorful. Liquid sweeteners are not recommended.
- Applesauce or Yogurt: Either can be used. If either is not available, use the same amount of mashed banana, crushed pineapple, or sour cream.
- Carrot: Don’t use pre-shredded carrots found in the produce aisle. They’re on the dry side. Rather, freshly grate 3 large carrots to yield approximately 1½ cups of moist carrot shreds. Instead of carrots, use shredded apple or even shredded zucchini.
- For Mini Loaves: Grease a mini loaf pan. Prepare the batter as directed. Spoon the batter evenly into greased cups, filling to the top. Bake at 350 degrees F. Bake time and yield depends on the size of the mini loaf pan.
- Calories: 448.23kcal
- Fat: 23.49g
- Saturated Fat: 5.95g
- Trans Fat: 0.23g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 12.56g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.25g
- Carbohydrates: 55.31g
- Fiber: 1.64g
- Sugar: 34.98g
- Protein: 5.19g
- Cholesterol: 69.72mg
- Sodium: 317.66mg
- Calcium: 95.46mg
- Potassium: 173.24mg
- Iron: 1.70mg
- Vitamin A: 287.34µg
- Vitamin C: 3.53mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!