This gluten-free pound cake has a burst of blueberries with a hint of lemons combine to make this dessert a perfect dish to include on your spring menu courtesy of La Phemme Phoodie.
How To Make Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter melted
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp gluten-free vanilla
- 3 cups gluten-free flour blend optional recipe provided below
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- Heat your oven to 350°F and grease a 12-cup Bundt pan or a 10-inch angel food cake tube pan. Sprinkle them with gluten-free flour blend as well. Place them over the oven.
- Combine the sugar and melted butter in a large bowl. Beat the mixture at medium speed, scraping the bowl often until it becomes creamy.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Then add the vanilla and continue beating until they're well mixed. Afterward, add in lemon zest and lemon juice until they combine well with the mixture.
- Stir together the gluten-free flour blend and baking powder in a small bowl. Then gradually combine the milk and butter with this mixture alternately, beating at low speed until they blend well together. Add in the blueberries afterward.
- Pour the overall batter into the heated pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. After cooling them for 10 minutes, remove it from the pan and add in the glaze.
- Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk them until they produce a small mixture. Drizzle this mixture over the cake
Gluten-Free Flour Blend:
- To make flour blend, combine 2 cups rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca flour, and 1 teaspoon xanthan gum. Use an appropriate amount and store the remainder in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Stir well before using.