Don’t let the beer deter you, this is a fabulous cake recipe that will be a success!
How To Make Beer Cake
This delicious chocolate-flavored cake got a kick of beer for an intense and flavorful experience.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt.
Set aside. In a large bowl, cream ⅔ cup butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 eggs and 2 squares melted chocolate.
- Add flour mixture alternately with beer, buttermilk and cherry juice.
- Mix until smooth, then fold in cherries and chopped nuts.
Pour batter into a 9x13 inch pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
To make frosting, in a large bowl, combine 2/3 C. butter, 1 egg, 4 squares melted chocolate, confectioners sugar and milk.
Beat until smooth.
- Spread on top of cooled cake.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!