Take the time to make this hearty breakfast. It’s good for you AND tasty!
How To Make Steel Cut Oatmeal
Have a hearty breakfast with these steel-cut oatmeal made sweet and fruity with blueberries and cinnamon.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Stir in steel cut oats.
- Cook until oats give off a nutty toasty appearance and scent, about 3 minutes.
- Add hot water to hot oats.
- Cover and let cook for 30 minutes.
- Do not stir.
- When done, open the cover and stir in milk.
- Stir until the mixture reaches a creamy consistency.
- Serve with desired toppings such as blueberries, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon or pancake syrup.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 94mg
- Calories: 231kcal
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 81mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 87mg
- Vitamin A: 297IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!