How To Make Oatmeal Pumpkin Creme Pies
Creme pie is the kind of dessert that looks really good, you know they are delicious. When we made these with oatmeal and pumpkin, it proved to be right.
For Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies:
- ½cupunsalted butter,(1 stick) softened to room temperature
- ¾cuppacked dark brown sugar
- ½cupgranulated sugar
- 1largeegg,at room temperature
- 2tsppure vanilla extract
- ½tspBaking Soda
- ½tspground cinnamon
- 1⅔cupsold-fashioned rolled oats
- 1cupall-purpose flour,spoon & leveled
For Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4ozcream chees,softened to room temperature
- 2tbspunsalted butter,softened to room temperature
- ¼cuppumpkin puree
- 1tspground cinnamon
- ¼tspground ginger
- ¼tspground cloves
- ¼tspground nutmeg,or ¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2½cupsconfectioners’ sugar,sifted
- ¼cupall-purpose flour,to thicken, as needed
- sal,to taste
Using a handheld mixer , beat the softened butter and sugars together on medium-high speed until smooth.
Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
In a separate bowl, whisk the baking soda, cinnamon, oats, and flour.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then mix together until just combined. Do not overmix.
Chill the dough for at least one hour (and up to 1 day) in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Roll 2 teaspoons of dough into a ball and place onto prepared sheet.
Bake for 9 minutes and let cool on cookie sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack.
While the cookies are cooling, prepare the pumpkin frosting.
Using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, pumpkin, and spices on medium speed until creamy.
Add 2 – 2 and 1/2 cups of sifted confectioners sugar depending how sweet you’d like it.
If frosting is much too thin, add in the flour to thicken it. Add salt to cut the sweetness, if you prefer.
Spread a generous amount of frosting on the underside of a cooled cookie and sandwich another cookie on top.
Cookies stay fresh for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Do not skip chilling as the cookies will be flat id the dough is not cold.
- Calories: 159.50kcal
- Fat: 5.77g
- Saturated Fat: 3.42g
- Trans Fat: 0.16g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.55g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.35g
- Carbohydrates: 26.17g
- Fiber: 0.70g
- Sugar: 18.74g
- Protein: 1.51g
- Cholesterol: 21.55mg
- Sodium: 27.51mg
- Calcium: 14.12mg
- Potassium: 40.96mg
- Iron: 0.57mg
- Vitamin A: 66.46µg
- Vitamin C: 0.11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!