This light and fluffy banana-flavored cake flecked with oats add variation to the traditional Angel Food Cake.
How To Make Banana Angel Food Cake
A wonderful recipe that’ll sure to be a crowd pleaser! This delightful angel food cake is a little heartier than its cousin, chiffon, but this sponge cake is still light in its own right. Share this incredible cake flavored with bananas for a healthier dessert snack.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Combine the lemon juice, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, oats, and mashed bananas.
- Sift and combine the flour, confectioner's sugar, and salt.
- Fold the banana mixture into the egg whites.
- Pour batter into one 9 or 10-inch round cake pan, coated with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 1 hour, until the cake is firm and lightly golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes then slip it out of the pan onto a serving dish.
- Garnish with a light dusting of confectioner's sugar!
- Sugar: 23g
- Calcium: 12mg
- Calories: 165kcal
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 173mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 109mg
- Vitamin A: 19IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!