This rich and gooey cookie goes over big with cookie exchanges at the holidays!
How To Make Oatmeal Carmelitas
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 2 1/2 cup oatmeal instant
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Melt butter in preheating oven. Mix together oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour melted margarine over dry mixture and mix well so that all is moist. Place half of mixture into a 9x13 inch metal pan. Pat mixture to spread, covering bottom of pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate morsels over bottom crust. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from oven, and use a spatula to evenly spread the chocolate. Pour caramel over chocolate and gently spread caramel topping over chocolate. Sprinkle rest of dry mixture over caramel. Return to oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Chill for easy cutting.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg