How To Make Quinoa, Black Bean and Corn Tacos
This recipe for corn tacos is a vegetarian meal that is made super filling with the addition of black beans and quinoa. You won’t even miss the meat!
- 1tbspolive oil
- 1medium yellow onion,diced
- 3cloves garlic,minced
- 1½cupschicken broth,or vegetable broth
- 14½ozdiced tomatoes with green chilis,1 can
- ¾cupdry quinoa,rinsed and drained
- 1½tspchili powder
- ⅛tspcayenne pepper,more to taste, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 1½cupsfrozen corn
- 15ozblack beans,1 can, drained and rinsed
- corn tortillas,warmed
Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and saute 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
Stir in broth, diced tomatoes, quinoa, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover saucepan with lid and simmer for about 15 minutes or until quinoa is cooked through.
Stir in corn and black beans, simmer for 5 minutes more until warmed through, stirring occasionally.
Mix in lime juice and cilantro. Serve warm over tortillas with desired toppings.
Top with chopped lettuce, Monterey jack or cheddar cheese, diced avocados and diced tomatoes.
- Calories: 505.66kcal
- Fat: 7.19g
- Saturated Fat: 1.23g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3.14g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.15g
- Carbohydrates: 88.74g
- Fiber: 18.88g
- Sugar: 7.34g
- Protein: 26.46g
- Cholesterol: 2.16mg
- Sodium: 811.15mg
- Calcium: 172.98mg
- Potassium: 1825.01mg
- Iron: 6.99mg
- Vitamin A: 43.63µg
- Vitamin C: 19.49mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!