How To Make Oven Roasted Chicken Tacos
Thinking of the perfect filling for Taco Tuesday? Here’s a simple and easy-to-follow chicken tacos recipe with a generous amount of roasted chicken bits
- 2lbchicken thighs,skinless, trimmed, large, boneless
- ⅓cupolive oil,plus more for baking sheet
- 3tbspfresh lime juice
- 1tbspgarlic,(about 3 cloves) minced
- 2tspancho chili powder
- 1½tspground cumin
- ½tspground coriander
- pinchcayenne pepper,to taste
- ½tspfreshly ground black pepper
- ½cupcilantro,slightly packed, roughly chopped
- 10pcscorn tortillas,6-inch, warmed
- shredded lettuce
- Mexican cheese,shredded blend, cotija, queso fresco
- tomatoes,or pico de gallo, diced
- avocados,or guacamole, diced
- Mexican cream,or sour cream, to serve
In a mixing bowl or liquid measuring cup whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag, pour olive oil mixture over chicken. Add cilantro then seal bag while pressing out excess air.
Rub marinade over chicken well. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Brush a rimmed, preferably dark coated, 18×13-inch baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Remove chicken from marinade and transfer to baking sheet spacing chicken evenly apart. Roast in preheated oven until bottom side is golden brown and crisp and chicken is cooked through, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Let chicken rest 2 minutes then cut into small strips or cubes. Serve in tortillas with desired toppings.
- Calories: 671.46kcal
- Fat: 49.14g
- Saturated Fat: 12.25g
- Trans Fat: 0.15g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 24.42g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.71g
- Carbohydrates: 24.56g
- Fiber: 3.72g
- Sugar: 0.92g
- Protein: 33.35g
- Cholesterol: 188.46mg
- Sodium: 437.69mg
- Calcium: 74.09mg
- Potassium: 529.06mg
- Iron: 2.63mg
- Vitamin A: 95.74µg
- Vitamin C: 3.87mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!