Savory white cheese fills this soft taco recipe and happens to be a bit firmer than mozzarella. Although, it’s not the same as queso fresco, a standard cheese found in most Latin American countries.
How To Make Queso-Blanco Soft Tacos
Savory soft tacos filled with plum tomatoes, fresh romaine lettuce, avocado and queso blanco.
- On platter, arrange green onions, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce and cilantro.
- Pour salsa into serving bowl.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add cheese and heat, turning once, until dark brown in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place 1 cheese slice in each tortilla and fold in half.
- Serve tortillas immediately, adding green onions, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, cilantro, salsa and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 196mg
- Calories: 180kcal
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 279mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 380mg
- Vitamin A: 589IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!