How To Make Fish Tacos with Blueberry-Almond Salsa
This fish tacos recipe shows how fish can go very well with almonds and blueberries! Serve up these unique tacos for your next lunch meal.
For Fish Tacos:
- 1lbwhite fish
- salt and pepper
- 1tbspolive oil
- 10small corn tortillas,or flour tortillas, warmed
For Blueberry-Almond Salsa:
- 2cupsfresh blueberries
- ½cupBlue Diamond Almonds,roughly-chopped
- ½cupfresh cilantro leaves,roughly-chopped, loosely packed
- 1tbsplemon,or lime juice, freshly-squeezed
- 1avocado,peeled, pitted, finely chopped
- 1jalapeño,stem removed, seeded, and finely chopped
- ½small red onion,peeled, finely chopped
- 2tsphoney,for sweetening, optional
Toss the blueberries, almonds, cilantro, lemon, avocado, jalapeno, red onion, and honey in a bowl until combined. Set aside.
Season both sides of the fish with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Add the fish, then cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until the fish is cooked through, opaque, and flakes easily.
Remove from heat, then transfer fish to a separate plate. Use two forks to flake the fish into bite-sized pieces.
Place two corn tortillas together, then fill with the flaked fish and blueberry salsa.
Serve garnished with lemon wedges, and enjoy!
- Calories: 514.80kcal
- Fat: 23.62g
- Saturated Fat: 3.19g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 14.06g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.86g
- Carbohydrates: 50.63g
- Fiber: 11.82g
- Sugar: 12.53g
- Protein: 31.85g
- Cholesterol: 56.70mg
- Sodium: 793.02mg
- Calcium: 128.33mg
- Potassium: 937.79mg
- Iron: 2.74mg
- Vitamin A: 14.68µg
- Vitamin C: 19.31mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!