This simple corn and beans tacos recipe is sure to win over any crowd. The sweet starchiness of the corn and the protein from the savory beans makes this a perfectly balanced meal. You can also top these tacos with pickled jalapeños, salsa verde and/or hot sauce if you like.
How To Make Corn and Bean Tacos
- 4 ears corn removed from the cob
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 6 medium radishes thinly sliced into small strips
- 2 medium limes zested and juiced
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup feta crumbled, add more to taste (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- Garlic salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 3 cans black beans rinsed and drained; or 3 cups cooked black beans
- 2/3 cup water
- 20 small flour tortillas
- 2 large avocados sliced into thin strips
- Put corn, cilantro, radishes, lime zest and juice, jalapeño, olive oil, and sea salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Slowly add in the crumbled feta, then add more to taste.
- Cover with plastic and place in the fridge.
- Warm the extra virgin olive oil in a large wok over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic salt. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once onions are tender, add in cumin and stir to combine for about 1 minute.
- Add beans and water. Cover the pan and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season generously with salt and pepper to taste, and cover again.
- Spread some of the black bean mixture down the middle of each tortilla and top with some of the corn salad.
- Place a slice of avocado and a few pickled jalapeños on top to garnish. Serve.