How To Make Sweet Potato Curry with Spinach and Chickpeas
A wonderfully tasty dish for sweet potato curry without any meat! This incredible dish is chock-full of hearty and nutritious ingredients that even just a bowl of this is enough to fill you right up!
Fill a medium saucepan with 2 ½ cups of water and steam the sweet potatoes using a steamer basket.
Keep the lid on the saucepan and cook 5 to 10 minutes.
While the sweet potatoes are slightly firm, remove the steamer basket for just a minute, and pour the 1 cup bulgur directly into the water.
- Set the steamer basket with the sweet potatoes back over the cooking bulgur.
Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes until the bulgur has absorbed the water.
- Turn the heat off. Combine the tomatoes and drained chickpeas in a large pot or sauté pan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and then add spinach and cook just until it’s wilted.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, bulgur, cilantro, scallions, curry powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until flavors have blended, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Calcium: 123mg
- Calories: 292kcal
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fat: 3g
- Fiber: 15g
- Iron: 5mg
- Potassium: 725mg
- Protein: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Sugar: 8g
- Vitamin A: 6665IU
- Vitamin C: 15mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!