How to Make Dominican Mondongo (Tripe Stew)
Indulge in a savory soup with the Dominican Mondongo Recipe. This tripe stew is a flavorful combination of meat and vegetables.
- In a large pot over medium heat, boil the tripe covered with water, lime juice, salt and pepper until tender, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove tripe from the pot and cut into cubes
- In a large pot, heat the oil and add onion and garlic.
- Let cook until onion cooks through and become translucent.
- Add the pepper, tomato sauce, sazon and crushed red pepper.
- Stir to combine and let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add carrots, potato, and tripe.
- Stir once more and let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add water and stir.
- Cover and let cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots and potatoes become tender.
- Add cilantro and scallions.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve warm with white rice, hot sauce, and lime on the side.
- Sugar: 20g
- Calcium: 98mg
- Calories: 171kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 9g
- Iron: 6mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 1799mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 3118mg
- Vitamin A: 4017IU
- Vitamin C: 47mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!