How To Make Lengua
Lengua is ox tongue. In this dish, it is cooked in a creamy white sauce with mushrooms. Serve this with rice for the perfect meal.
- Boil 6 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Add the ox tongue. Cover the cooker and pressure cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the pressure cooker. Let it cool down. Peel the outer layer off the tongue. Slice the ox tongue into thin pieces.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute onion and garlic.
- Add the sliced ox tongue. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the condensed cream of mushroom and beef broth in the pot. Stir. Let boil. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and whipping cream. Continue to cook for 40 minutes in low heat or until the liquid reduces to half and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 92mg
- Calories: 856kcal
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Cholesterol: 231mg
- Fat: 50g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 10mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 22g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 783mg
- Protein: 72g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Sodium: 4189mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 438IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
These tacos de Lengua or beef tongue tacos offer scrumptious bites, loaded with salsa verde and avocados, for a flavorful appetizer.
These crisp and thin Filipino butter cookies or lengua de gato melt in your mouth! Plus they only require a few ingredients to make.