How To Make Caldereta
Caldereta is a Filipino meat stew dish with a tomato-based broth. This recipe uses pork instead of the usual beef.
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot.
- Once the oil gets hot, saute the garlic and onion.
- Add the pork. Saute until the color turns light brown.
- Pour-in the tomato sauce and water. Let boil. Cover and cook in low heat for 60 minutes.
- Add the liver spread. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the potato and carrot. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the olives and bell peppers. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Turn-off the heat. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
- Sugar: 6g
- Calcium: 91mg
- Calories: 691kcal
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
- Fat: 50g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 25g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g
- Potassium: 1254mg
- Protein: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 720mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 5209IU
- Vitamin C: 75mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Beef caldereta is Filipino beef stew. The chunks of meat are stewed in a tomato-based broth with veggies and liver spread.