How To Make Callos
This callos recipe is a fusion of Filipino and Spanish cuisines. It is essentially ox tripe stew with veggies and sausages.
- Pour water in a casserole or cooking pot and bring to a boil.
Put-in the onion, whole peppercorn, ox feet, and ox tripe. Simmer until the ox feet and tripe are extremely tender.
- Remove the ox feet and tripe from the cooking pot and let it cool down for a few minutes. Set the stock aside for later use.
- Cut the ox tripe into bite size pieces and debone the ox feet. Set aside.
Heat a large wok or pan then pour-in the olive oil.
- Add chorizo de bilbao and bacon then cook in medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Pour-in the tomato sauce then let boil.
- Add the tender ox feet and tripe and 2 cups of stock (water used to boil ox feet and ox tripe) then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper then put-in the carrots. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the chick peas and bell pepper then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 112mg
- Calories: 1140kcal
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Cholesterol: 359mg
- Fat: 65g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 15mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 23g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 459mg
- Protein: 108g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 2486mg
- Vitamin A: 2751IU
- Vitamin C: 31mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!