How To Make Chicken Afritada
Add a Filipino dish to your weekly rotation with this chicken afritada recipe. This is a tomato-based stew with chicken, veggies, and sausages.
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot. Saute onion and garlic until the onion softens.
- Add chicken. Cook for 30 seconds. Turn it over and cook the other side for another 30 seconds.
- Pour tomato sauce and chicken broth. Cover. Let boil.
- Add dried bay leaves. Cover the cooking pot. Continue to cook in medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add hotdogs and carrot. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add potato. Cover the pot and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add green peas. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 67mg
- Calories: 493kcal
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Fat: 29g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 14g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g
- Potassium: 1128mg
- Protein: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 1262mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 3068IU
- Vitamin C: 49mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!