Take the slightly healthier route and go for this turkey chili instead of traditional beef chili.
How To Make Dutch Oven Turkey Chili and Rice
A combination of turkey bits cooked with a kick of spice and served with steaming hot flavored rice.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 35 mins
- 1 tsp canola oil
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 can fat-free chicken broth, (14.5 oz)
- ⅔ cup rice, cooked
- 2 cans green chiles, (4.5 oz per can), diced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups turkey, cooked, chopped
- 2 cans reduced-sodium white beans, (16 oz per can), rinsed, drained
- 1 dash hot sauce, to taste
- 1 pkg reduced-fat sour cream, (500 ml)
- 1 pkg Monterey Jack cheese, (8 oz)
- Heat oil in your Dutch oven for a few minutes.
- Add in the onion and garlic and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the water, broth, rice, chiles, chili powder and cumin and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the turkey and beans and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in your hot sauce to taste.
- Serve with the sour cream and cheese over top!
- Sugar: 6g
- Calcium: 144mg
- Calories: 420kcal
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 14g
- Iron: 6mg
- Potassium: 903mg
- Protein: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 600mg
- Vitamin A: 428IU
- Vitamin C: 19mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!