How To Make Lemon and Olive Oil Marinated Shrimp
You won’t get enough of this piquant and satisfyingly zesty Lemon and Olive Oil Marinated Shrimp tossed together with tomato and parsley for added taste.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Add the shrimp, cover, and bring back to a boil.
Continue boiling, partially covered, for 1 to 2 minutes until the shrimp are just done.
Let the shrimp cool and then peel them.
In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the lemon juice with olive oil, tomato, salt, pepper, and parsley.
Add the shrimp and toss.
- Variations: If desired, substitute 1 pound of sea scallops for the shrimp. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick frying pan over moderately high heat until very hot. Season the scallops with ⅛ teaspoon of salt. Put the scallops in the pan and sear for 1 to 2 minutes until brown on the bottom. Turn and brown on the other side for 1 to 2 minutes longer until just done. Remove the scallops and cut them into quarters. Toss with the marinade.
- For added spice, add ¼ teaspoon of dried red-pepper flakes to the marinade.
- Use chopped fresh basil instead of parsley.
- For an extra flavor dimension, add 1 clove of minced garlic to the marinade.
- Calories: 149.20kcal
- Fat: 8.01g
- Saturated Fat: 1.25g
- Trans Fat: 0.02g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.15g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.08g
- Carbohydrates: 3.12g
- Fiber: 0.63g
- Sugar: 0.94g
- Protein: 15.85g
- Cholesterol: 142.88mg
- Sodium: 644.76mg
- Calcium: 70.48mg
- Potassium: 225.83mg
- Iron: 0.55mg
- Vitamin A: 82.34µg
- Vitamin C: 8.46mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!