How To Make Habichuelas Con Dulce
Popular in the Dominican Republic during Lent, habichuelas con dulce is a sweet and milky bean dessert that you can enjoy hot and cold.
- Soak dry red beans in water over night. The next day discard water in beans. Boiled beans in a pot of water until cooked.
- Blend together the 4 cups of red beans and water. If necessary, add more water. Strain and set aside.
- In a pot put together the beans, the coconut milk and the evaporated milk over medium heat.
- Add the sugar, salt, raisins and batata. Let boil over medium heat for about ten minutes.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and cloves. Stir occasionally.
- Let boil until it reduces to about ¾. Turn heat off and let cool.
- Place it in the refrigerator until it is cold, add the crackers when ready to eat.
- Sugar: 35g
- Calcium: 265mg
- Calories: 438kcal
- Carbohydrates: 67g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 833mg
- Protein: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 238mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 6618IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!