How To Make Pancit Palabok
Pancit palabok is a Filipino noodle dish with an annato-infused sauce and a topping that combines chicaron, shrimp, and boiled eggs.
- Soak the rice noodles in water for about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the sauce by heating a saucepan. Pour-in the cooking oil.
When the oil is hot enough, put-in the ground pork and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes.
Dilute the annato powder in pork broth then pour the mixture in the saucepan. Bring to a boil (If using anatto seeds, soak them first in 3 tablespoons of water to bring out the color).
Add the shrimp cube and stir and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour gradually while stirring.
- Add the fish sauce and ground black pepper then simmer until sauce becomes thick. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil enough water in a pot.
Place the soaked noodles in a strainer (use metal or bamboo strainer) then submerge the strainer in the boiling water for about a minute or until the noodles are cooked. (make sure that the noodles are still firm)
- Remove the strainer from the pot and drain the liquid from the noodles.
- Place the noodles in the serving plate.
- Pour the sauce on top of the noodles then arrange the toppings over the sauce.
- Serve with a slice of lemon or calamansi. Share and enjoy!
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 223mg
- Calories: 733kcal
- Carbohydrates: 82g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
- Fat: 30g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 13g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g
- Potassium: 456mg
- Protein: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 1025mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 147IU
- Vitamin C: 29mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!