How To Make Rogan Josh (Indian Lamb Curry)
Nothing is meatier and tastier than this rogan josh, an Indian lamb curry recipe that has a rich tomato curry sauce base.
- Melt ghee over medium heat in large heavy based pot. Add cinnamon, cardamom and cloves and cook for one minute.
- Add onion and cook for 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until pieces are golden and starting the brown on the edges.
- Add the garlic and ginger, cook for another minute.
- Stir in the Spices, cook for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the tomato puree and salt, then add stock and mix.
- Add lamb, stir, bring to simmer.
- Place lid on and adjust heat to low or medium low so it's simmering gently.
- Cook 1 hour 45 minutes, giving it an occasional stir, until lamb is quite tender - use 2 forks to check, it should pry apart pretty easily.
- Remove lid, and continue cooking for another 15 minutes (to reduce sauce slightly) - lamb should be very tender by this stage.
- Stir in the Yogurt, the Extra garam marsala and fennel. Cook for another few minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice, sprinkled with fresh coriander leaves and other garnishes if desired.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 153mg
- Calories: 424kcal
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- Fat: 28g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 8mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 774mg
- Protein: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 711mg
- Vitamin A: 576IU
- Vitamin C: 16mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!