How To Make Sinigang na Baboy
Sinigang na baboy is a Filipino soup made of pork with a tamarind-flavored broth that imparts a sour flavor to the savory dish.
- Rinse pork ribs and drain well.
- In a pot over medium heat, combine pork and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, skimming scum that accumulates on top.
Once broth clears, add tomatoes, onion, and fish sauce. Lower heat and simmer for about 1 to 1½ hours or until meat is tender, adding more water as necessary to maintain about 8 cups.
- Add gabi and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- Add chili peppers and radish. Continue to simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add long beans. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add eggplant and okra and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- If using packaged tamarind base, add to the pot and stir until completely dissolved.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add bok choy and continue to cook for about 1 minute. Serve hot.
- Calcium: 145mg
- Calories: 836kcal
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Cholesterol: 181mg
- Fat: 54g
- Fiber: 10g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 19g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g
- Potassium: 1809mg
- Protein: 40g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 811mg
- Sugar: 12g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 825IU
- Vitamin C: 23mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!