Wasted food means wasted money. And what other way to be resourceful with leftover bread than to make bread pudding? Check out this double chocolate bread pudding recipe to turn your stale bread into something special. You only need four ingredients and an hour to make this bread pudding dessert that you can serve to your beloved guests or bring to picnic dates with your friends. The milk will make your bread moist and the chocolate chunks will surely give every bite an unforgettable bittersweet chocolate flavor. Serve this with strawberry banana milkshake for a full afternoon sweet snack.
Tips on Making Double Chocolate Bread Pudding
Use your leftover bread and turn it into this delicious double chocolate bread pudding that is guaranteed to be moist, fudgy, delectable, and chocolatey. Take note of these helpful tips to make this recipe as perfect as it can be.
- Refrigerate the bread pudding mixture overnight before putting it in the oven. Letting your mixture rest yields firmer and fudgier pudding. Others also state that refrigerating your mixture beforehand makes the pudding bread more flavorful.
- For bread puddings, the best type of bread you can use is loaf bread. Aside from French bread, you can also use brioche, challah bread, or basically any bread you use for French toast. This is because they have the capacity to soak the liquid components without falling apart.
- Use chocolate chips as a substitute for chocolate chunks. Chocolate chunks are basically chopped up chocolate bars so if you want more consistency in shape, you can use chocolate chips instead for your chocolate chip bread pudding.
- Use any type of chocolate depending on your liking. Don’t be afraid to be creative with your bread pudding. You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate if you prefer a stronger bittersweet taste, or even white chocolate if you want something sweeter. If you’re using white chocolate, replace the fudge mix with heavy cream instead.
How To Make Double Chocolate Bread Pudding
This double chocolate bread pudding recipe is sweet and fudgy with a hint of bitterness. It’s a perfect dessert you can dive into during breakfast, brunch, or afternoon tea time!
- Pour milk into large bowl.
Add the pudding mix.
Beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes or until well blended.
Add the bread cubes and mix lightly to coat.
Pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Sprinkle evenly with chocolate chunks.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the center of the pudding comes to a boil.
Remove from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or pour chocolate custard sauce on it.
- Sugar: 37g
- Calcium: 212mg
- Calories: 395kcal
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Fat: 13g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 417mg
- Protein: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 672mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 230IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Commonly Asked Questions
What can I add to my bread pudding?
Aside from chocolate, you can modify bread pudding by adding other ingredients that you prefer. Some of the best options to be considered are raisins, chopped nuts, and fresh or dried fruits. Just sprinkle them on top before putting your bread in the oven. Vanilla extract can be added to your pudding if you so wish as well.
How do you know when bread pudding is done?
The best way to know if your pudding is done is by checking it occasionally. It is advisable to check your bread after 30 minutes of baking time, then every five minutes after. You will see changes, especially on the bread pudding’s edges. See if it’s darker and firmer on the sides. Moreover, its consistency should be semi-solid. Once you take it out of the oven, try to run a spatula around your baking dish and see if it’s not sticking to the edge anymore. If it pulls away easily, then it’s perfectly done. Let it cool for a while at room temperature before serving.
ConclusionTransform your stale bread into this delectable easy chocolate bread pudding. It’s delicious, moist, and chocolatey. Enjoy sharing this with your friends and loved ones!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!