Whip up these deliciously creamy vanilla pudding shots made with instant pudding mix along with vodka, Irish cream liqueur, and heavy cream. Just combine these ingredients to make a creamy alcohol-infused pudding that’s bursting with vanilla sweetness. This homemade dessert tastes even better when it’s served chilled as its guaranteed creamy consistency remains light and fluffy. Serve it as a dessert drink after a meal of corned beef and cabbage for a perfect end to your St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
Tips on Making Creamy Vanilla Pudding Shots
Enjoy these simple, creamy alcoholic shots with delicious snacks on the side. They are easy to make! And with some of our helpful tips and fun variations, you can make them even more enjoyable to eat.
- Use less milk for a thicker pudding consistency. Add as little as possible, around ¾ cup to ½ cup of milk. Also, avoid using non-dairy or soy milk since it doesn’t mix well with the instant pudding.
- Use a small cookie scoop or piping bag for easy transferring. It’s more convenient to use these instead of a spoon. A small cookie scoop or piping bag will ensure that you evenly distribute the mixture into the shot glasses.
- Use condiment containers with lids or plastic shot cups as an alternative to shot glasses. Make sure that these small containers come with a lid since these pudding shots need to be refrigerated before serving. These small condiment containers are also helpful when serving them at a gathering.
- Top it off with a few extra garnishes. Be creative with your pudding shots and add ons by including some decorative garnishes, like extra whipped cream on top. You can even add in mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, sprinkles, or even mint sprigs.
More Pudding Shot Recipes to Try
Make more delicious variations of this easy pudding shot recipe! Here are some more fun and exciting shot recipes you can easily make at home:
- White Russian – Enjoy a boozy mixture of Irish cream liqueur or vodka, and vanilla or chocolate pudding with Kahlua.
- Chocolate Pudding – Give your classic sweet chocolate pudding dessert an alcoholic twist by combining chocolate pudding with chocolate or Irish cream liqueur.
- RumChata – Taste the richness of a creamy, spiked cinnamon drink with Rumchata pudding shots. All you need are some vanilla pudding and RumChata liqueur.
How To Make Creamy Vanilla Pudding Shots
We’ve created an adult take on instant pudding inspired by the classic alcohol-filled dessert jello shots. Enjoy these shots that mix cake vodka and Irish cream liqueur into a cool vanilla treat.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the vanilla pudding and milk. Whisk until well-blended.
Whisk in the vodka and Irish cream.
Fold in the whipped cream.
Spoon the pudding mixture into shot glasses, filling each cup up to ⅔ full.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Sugar: 21g
- Calcium: 92mg
- Calories: 394kcal
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Fat: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 110mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 196mg
- Vitamin A: 949IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Do pudding shots get you drunk?
Nope, these vanilla pudding shots will not get you drunk. At most, it will only make you tipsy. Unless you add more than recommended, these pudding shots don’t have high alcohol content so you don’t have to worry. Thus, it really depends on how much alcohol you’ll be adding onto your pudding mixture to gauge if you’re going to get drunk.
Why are my pudding shots runny?
You might have added more milk in the mixture than what’s recommended. If this happens, you can add a bit more whipped cream to keep its thick consistency. Or, you can cover and freeze the pudding for more than an hour to hold its shape.
How long do pudding shots last?
These creamy vanilla pudding shots last for up to 1 month in the freezer. When refrigerated, it lasts for 5 to 7 days. That’s why these sweet alcoholic desserts can also be made ahead of time. Just make sure that they are properly stored in the fridge or freezer. Always keep them covered with a lid or a plastic wrap before placing them inside.
ConclusionAdd these creamy vanilla pudding shots to your list of party favorites. It’s creamy, delicious, and alcoholic making it perfect for an adult-only gathering. Serve alongside other tasty snacks to complete the vibe.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!