How To Make Chocolate Pots de Crème with Candied Rose Petals
French chocolate custard with edible candied rose petals
- Place cream, chocolate, sugar and salt in top of a double boiler and cook until scalding.
- Whisk egg yolks lightly in a small bowl, then whisk in a bit of hot chocolate cream to warm them.
- Gradually stir this mixture back into cream in double boiler and cook, stirring, over simmering water until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in vanilla and pour into pot de crème cup or small custard cup.
- Let cool uncovered, then chill until cold, about 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.
To make candied rose petals
- Gently brush each flower petal with egg white, then sprinkle it with sugar.
- Place petals on a cake rack, let dry, then use them to garnish the pots de crème.
- Sugar: 66g
- Calcium: 92mg
- Calories: 802kcal
- Carbohydrates: 92g
- Cholesterol: 306mg
- Fat: 45g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 264mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 26g
- Sodium: 69mg
- Vitamin A: 1426IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!