This layered dessert not only looks impressive but tastes amazing too! You can prepare this recipe Southern-style by baking it with meringue on top. We recommend using just-ripe bananas for this recipe. Over-ripe bananas will produce the same taste but it looks better if the bananas are less ripe.
How To Make Banana Pudding
This banana pudding recipe is layered with sweetness. Rich vanilla pudding, crispy wafers, and bright bananas make a decadent and charming dessert.
- Line a decorative glass bowl with the Nilla wafers flat side up.
- Cover the wafers with banana slices, one slice per wafer. Repeat until the bowl is full.
- Mix up the pudding according to the box instructions. Add ⅔ cup more milk than the stated amount to make it soupy.
- Pour mixture over wafers and bananas to coat it well. Serve.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites until foamy and they begin to form soft peaks.
- Add sugar one tablespoon at a time while beating continuously, until it turns glossy and forms stiff peaks.
- Spread over pudding and bake for 20 min or until golden brown.
- Sugar: 13g
- Calories: 61kcal
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Potassium: 3mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 102mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!